elkoi tagged me on one of those question things, so I thought I’d answer them!
1. What is your main motivation and goal in life? Finding happiness, life is short, and the plans I had when I was younger didn’t pan out. So for me, it’s about surrounding myself with the people I love, embracing life, making lots of art and learning to be a better artist.
2. Do you have any hobbies other than music and art? Geez, that removes a large part of my life! Um, cooking and baking! I watch a lot of movies and TV. I’m getting into video games more because of friends. I keep up with some sports (Football, Basketball) so that I can converse with people that are not into art.
3. Are you good at any sports? I haven’t really played in years, but I shot a pretty mean 3-pointer when I was growing up in Indiana. Here in Texas, coaches would always hassle me about joining the football team. My mom wouldn’t let me because she thought they would just use me because I was big and tall. I’m thankful now, because I avoided a lot of the injuries my friends picked up. Oddly enough, the last week of high school, a coach told me he could help me fail my classes and remain in school another year so that I could play football. That’s Texas HS football for ya.
4. Do you think it’s selfish to put oneself’s happiness first? Overall, I would say it’s important to be with people who support your happiness, and peeps who you genuinely want to be happy as well. I used to end up in a lot of situations where I made others happy, and they didn’t reciprocate. If people in my life cause me to be unhappy most of the time, I’ll evaluate the situation, and I’ve been known to cut ties. If we’re talking about a romantic situation, I’m single, and I’m happy. Family members asked me over the summer when I would be settling down. But in no way do I feel any kind of pressure. If I get married, it’s because I really want to, not because of people pressuring me. I feel like if the right situation presents itself, I will embrace it completely. It’s important not to settle in life. Too many people do that. When I’ve settled, it’s never made me happy. I know what love is like, and there is no substitute.
5. Are you going to travel this year? If so, where? Probably all my traveling has already occurred for the year. I went through about 13 states on my road trip from here in Texas to Pennsylvania. I also spent a week in Austin with friends. Otherwise, I’m here in TX the rest of the year!
6. What’s your favorite tune to jam to? Constantly changing! But if I hear “Creator” By Santigold I start dancing like a fool. I also can’t help but sing along to N.E.R.D., David Bowie, or anything by Mike Patton. Plus, any time my friends and I hear Queen or Journey in the car, it’s on.
7. What was your favorite toy when you were little? I really loved my G.I. Joe toys, but there was this one Snake Eyes figure that went all over the place with me. Also, a dapper stuffed Gonzo that looked like he was dressed like Justin Timberlake. We went on tons of adventures against monsters!
8. Whats the highest level of education you have and whats the highest level you’d like to get in the future? I have a BFA in Art with a built in minor in Education. Although technically it’s an Education degree, but the school I went to was a mess in terms of how they organized Education across various disciplines. I don’t plan on going any higher with art. The pay for someone with a Masters does not justify what I would spend on a graduate degree. Some friends wanted me to go to SCAD for my graduate degree. I looked at the price, and was like, nope nope nope! Truth be told, I taught myself most things anyway, so I feel like paying for one piece of paper is good enough.
9. It’s the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything really 42? That’s what Hitchiker’s Guide says. But I don’t think one answer can really catch everything…unless it’s kittens. Kittens pretty much solve any problem.
10. What are you currently watching? Finally finishing up Arrow, Season 2. I’ve got 3 episodes left.
11. Whats the plan for today? Maybe go to the store for groceries, take care of a bunch of chores while I’m out, then work on some art?
schwathing said: In the notifications on tumblr, when your current icon is really small... it sort of seems to depict a heavily mustached man xD. Just thought I'd share.
Hahaha! It does! xD
It’s essentially a foul-mouthed Canadian live action version of Recess. If you never watched Recess, it’s one of the greatest cartoons ever.
The episode about the PB&J trade is better than what everyone has told me about The Wire.
Why is there only one season of this wonderful show?!